Inuvik Journal

Monday, October 30, 2006

Curling with Granite

This past Friday was my absolute first time ever curling. Yes, yes I know I should be ashamed of myself, being a Canadian and all. Well, I've finally done it - no more shame.

Lorie and I, and another couple, friends of ours, are part of a team called "Qilrik" which means hawk in Inuvialuktun. Some us have curled more than others but I was the one that had never held a rock before. Needless to say I didn't do that well. I tried though. And it looks so easy on TV!

As part of our membership we have the option to pay an extra $35 and spend an extra evening per week on the ice practicing. I guess I'll have to spend that extra $35 becase I need the practice. I made one decent shot in the game, but the rest were not so impressive. We lost the game, which I am okay with, and we actually managed to get one point at the end of the game, which was great so that it wasn't a shutout.

I hope there's at least one more team with our level of "expertise".

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home