Inuvik Journal

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Two in a Row!

Will wonders never cease, huh?

I took a road trip today to Tsiigehtchic and Fort McPherson. It's a four hour round trip by truck, but waiting for the ferry at the river crossings is a real pain. It cost me another hour and a half or so. It's always nice to get our to the communities though. It's funny that they see Inuvik as the large centre. Some of these smaller communities have only about 200 or 300 people so it's not hard to see why they think the nearby town (which has only 3500) is the "big city".

Of course the travelling comes in blocks around here and I am off tomorrow to visit Norman Wells. It's just a day trip though and I should be back tomorrow evening. The only community for which I have responsibility that I have not yet visited is Paulatuk. I just haven't had the chance. One has to be careful travelling to Paulatuk though, the area is prone to bad weather and one can end up staying longer than one expects!

Cheers for now.

1 Comments:

  • Well it is about time.... Sorry but you konw I have to give you shit! A few weeks ago i deleted the link on my home computer as I figured that this was a lost cause, but it is good to hear your drivel again! Hope all is well! The summer here was good and the weather was so, so! The fall has been good with a mix of rain and sun.

    Well take care and say Hi to Lori!

    Tom K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home