Inuvik Journal

Friday, March 10, 2006

Planning the Trip

Temp: -28°C
Sunlight - 10.94 hours

Another week is done and there are plenty of plans for the weekend. First, tonight there’s a birthday party for an acquaintance of ours. I don’t intend to stay too late though because I have plans for tomorrow.

The day will be consumed by a snowmobile trip to deploy an ELT (Electronic Location Transmitter) for a CASARA mission to attempt to locate. It will be my first trip out on the land by myself – well I won’t be alone, but I will be leading the mission. I have spent much of the evening getting set – preparing maps and getting the GPS’s set up, and getting my gear together.

Later tomorrow evening we are hosting a birthday party for a CASARA colleague. All in all it will be a pretty full day.

Cheers for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home