Inuvik Journal

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Greek Weekend

Temp: -16°C
Sunlight - 10.10 hours

With the sunset today we will have crossed the 10 hour mark for sunlight. It’s really astonishing to realize that just two months ago we had virtually no sunlight at all. Now it continues its ceaseless march toward 24 hours of light.

In many ways I think that will be more difficult to deal with than the darkness issue. Already my light/dark cues are being thrown off. I constantly guess the wrong times based on the daylight. At about 8Pm tonight I guessed it was about 6PM just because it was so bright.

As I mentioned, we are planning to take it easy this weekend. I have all the ingredients I need to cook a special Greek meal for Lorie, and make her favourite, of course – Greek salad. That’s fine by me because Greek salad is about the easiest thing in the world to make.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home