Inuvik Journal

Friday, March 03, 2006

The No-Plans Weekend

Temp: -18°C
Sunlight - 9.97 hours

I am in the process of rediscovering TV. Having done without it for so long has changed the way I watch it too. Gone are the mass marketed shows that everyone watches. Gone is the channel flipping attitude.

One of my new finds is “The Military Channel”. There are dozens of different shows about the various wars that were fought, the machines of war, the tactics of battle, and so on. I find it all very interesting.

It’s also great to have the Discovery channel back too. There’s a great show on there called “Myth Busters”. On this show the hosts attempt to prove or disprove various myths, saying and old wives tales. They use defined scientific theory and principle to draw their conclusions. Oh, and they blow up a lot of things. And they sometimes hurt themselves in the process. So these things make it great TV!

I plan to go for a walk around town tomorrow. I’ll be sure to take some pictures of Inuvik in the daylight.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home