Inuvik Journal

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Olympics

Temp: -20°C
Sunlight - 8.73 hours

Lorie had her trip to Sachs Harbour today, and made it back safely. Unfortunately, despite my admonitions, she wasn’t able to get any pictures. Something about being too busy working to take any…or something.

There’s wind today, the most I’ve seen here yet. A 24 KPH wind is not much by Newfoundland standards, but it is a near storm here. That wind with the -20 degree temp creates a wind chill of about -31 degrees.

My earlier comments about Canada’s performance at the Olympics seems to have been premature. Canada is now tied for third place in the overall medal count. That seems to me to be one of the best performances for Canada, but I am not really sure how we have done in past winter Olympics. I have to say that I have become more and more interested in the Olympics as they have progressed. I was however, very disappointed when I heard that the men’s hockey team were put out of the medals all together today. The excitement of the ski jumping and speed skating make up for the hockey loss - a little.

I may have plans for the weekend. They could be pretty good plans too. There are several variables that come into play though – like the weather, so I won’t talk too much about the details right now. I have a meeting tomorrow night to discuss the plans, so I will let you know what happens at that meeting.

That’s it for now.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home