Inuvik Journal

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Home Again

Hi Folks:

It's been a while since my last post. Most of that time has been used either for getting ready , travelling to, or enjoying the visit on the east coast.

It's New Year's Eve now and the last few weeks have been great. I visited with tons of family, friends and former co-workers. It has been great seeing you all again.

Lorie will be joing me today. She has been spending Christmas so far with her family in PEI. We will have another 10 days or so in the south, then it back to the Arctic for us.

Although it's been a good trip, we are looking forward to getting home to Inuvik. Isn't it weird how fast a place becomes home. I guess that's where the job and all your stuff and the routine is - so that makes it home.

There should be a little bit of daylight available when we get back, and I will have to use that light to get a few pictures of the town. I have had multiple requests for pictures of the town itself. I will do my best to accommodate those requests.

Here's a link for you to check out if you are so inclined:

http://www.yukonquest.org/

It's all about the the Yukon Quest dogsled race from Whitehorse in the Yukon to Fairbanks, Alaska - 1600 kilometres. It's billed as one of the toughest races in the world.

Well, that's all from Canada's most easterly province. I'll be writing much more when I get back to the Northwest Territories.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

  • Good to see that you are back & that the visit home didn't make you home sick. Seems like it made you miss your new home more. Good for you.

    I can't remember the name of the Yukon quest team you said you were assisting with the dogs. It's all a little foggy from that night. Let us know the team. Good bio's & great link.


    Tony Sorprano

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home