Inuvik Journal

Monday, March 13, 2006

Ulukhaktok

Temp: -34°C
Sunlight -11.31 hours

Back to work today. This week will be broken up a little for both of us though. Lorie has a trip to Colville Lake again this week for some more work on her project down there. I will be going to Ulukhaktok tomorrow. Ulukhaktok is a community on Victoria Island far to the North of us. It will be my first time in that community, and as usual, my camera will be with me for some pictures.

I am hoping to procure some Arctic Char while in Ulukhaktok. One thing I really do miss from back home is the ready availability of fish. It is both expensive here, and of poor quality. The best possibility for fish is locally caught Arctic Char. It tastes very good and is nutritious.

I have to go now and pack up my survival gear for my trip North. I will report the details tomorrow, along with any pictures I manage to take.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home