Inuvik Journal

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Importance of Firearms

Temp: -30°C
Sunlight -10.78 hours

Today was R and R for me. This was really a quiet day because Lorie is out doing a course all day. What course, you might ask? Well, the firearms safety course, of course!

I have been pressuring her to do this course for some time. There are many advantages in this for me – and it’s all about me as we all know! First of all she can buy her own guns – well ok – buy me guns. And that’s good. Second, she can qualify for hunting licenses which means the potential for more wild meat in the house – and that’s good. And third, and most important, she will have the wherewithal to defend herself against bears, if she happens to encounter any while in the woods. It’s a common occurrence here, and to know what to do and be able to do it, could save your life and the life of your companions.

So what did I do on my time to myself? Why, watched TV, of course! Watched TV and nothing else!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home