Inuvik Journal

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Lorie's Birthday

Temp: -39°C
Sunlight - 11.73 hours


Today is Lorie’s Birthday. She received several packages in the mail, right on her birthday – now that’s planning! There’s not much shopping up here, so I ordered her gift from Sears mail order – of course it’s not here in time – no surprise there.

It is really cold today (even colder than yesterday) and I couldn’t get the Jeep started again this morning. In fact, before noon I was out inspecting some abandoned buildings (read – no heat on in them), and I actually got a touch of frostbite while inside one. Now it’s definitely cold when you get frostbite when you aren’t even out in the weather!

I had a CASARA meeting tonight and after that myself, and some of our friends took Lorie out for dinner. We had a pretty good time.

The pressure is really on with CASARA now. We have our Military certification this Saturday and preparations are in full swing – well they have been for some time now. We are going that extra mile to ensure that we make the grade. It’s really important to all of us, and we have been putting lots of energy and effort into the planning. Tomorrow night we meet with the Military Certifiers and begin the exercise which will span two days and put every aspect of what we do under a microscope. I think we will do ok, but everyone is definitely a little edgy. All I can say is that I hope it warms up a little for Saturday because there isn’t a lot of heat in those small planes.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home